lördag 16 mars 2013

This town is coming like a Ghost Town



Kålgården used to be a pleasant courtyard block area in Jönköping, Sweden. The area was sadly demolished in 1996 to make room for an new area with expensive fine condominiums. I think it´s sad that they didn't renovate and incorporate the old houses in the new area to preserve Kålgårdens original charm. I spent some time documenting the houses at Kålgården for the future before they were totaly demolished by excavators.

I took the nine photos in this collection at the same time and I used a Yashica MAT 124G and only one roll of 120 film. I was a student back then and I couldn´t simply afford to use another roll of 6x6 film. It's hard for me to understand today, but back then in the 1990s my economy was everything but good and I had to economize on everything including film.




© Mikael Good, 1995, All Rights Reserved

Inga kommentarer: