måndag 29 april 2013

I don't manipulate my photos it's just the sensor that is broken



There are rumors on the net that the picture above that I sent to the Leica Oskar Barnack Award is manipulated. The rumors isn´t true. Please check with me first before you start to spread a rumour cause there's always a explanation. As you can see in the lower right corner of the original photo below it´s the protective glass in my Leica M8 that is broken. And I had to use the clone stamp in Photoshop to get rid of the signs of the broken glass in the picture. I have to admit that i´m a really bad photoshopper and manipulation is definitely not my cup of tea. I only use the clone stamp every now and then to get rid of dust and scratches in digital och analogue photos and to get rid of the signs of the broken protective glass in my M8.



It would be much easier for me to to fix the camera but that will cost me nearly 6000 kronor and that´s money that I can´t afford to spend on a camera repair right now. It seems that I have to live with the broken protective glass... I could also solve the problem with the broken protective glass by cropping the images from my Leica M8 to 4/3-format. The picture below shows a 4/3-crop of the photo. If you still happen to be suspicious of some of my photos that I've taken with my Leica M8, then you are more than welcome to email me so that I can take a screenshot of the original RAW-file and send it to you.



Text and photo: © Mikael Good, All Rights Reserved.

Inga kommentarer: