måndag 8 december 2014

Leica M8 - The Rock'n Roll Machine



Some people believe that a rangefinder camera from Leica is a camera for hipsters and collectors and not a camera for serious concert photographers. I don't listen to the believers. I use the equipment that I need to capture the pictures that I want whatever comments I might get.

Jerusalem

There are still some self proclaimed knowers who believe that a high ISO and quick SLR from Nikon or Canon with a autofocus 70-200/2,8mm lens is the best companion for concert photography. They often believe that a manual focused rangefinder camera with a 20mm or a 50mm lens are quite useless in the challenging light conditions of a fast paced concert. I don't listen to the self proclaimed knowers. A Leica M is a Rock'n Roll Machine for me and it's my instrument for getting the pictures that I want. At concerts I like to get in close with a 20 or 50mm lens and a Leica M is perfect for that purpose.

Alive in Concert

It happens every now and then that I need a longer lens than 50mm. And in such cases I use a Sony A7 with a Konica M-Hexanon 90mm or a Carl Zeiss Sonnar 135mm. The best thing with shooting concert is that you don't need a expensive equipment. Even cheap cameras and lenses will give you good pictures as long as you get in close, follow the rythm and enjoy the music.

Alive in Concert

Click the following link if you want to see more concert-photos that has been taken with the Rock'n Roll Machine: www.flickr.com/photos/chasid68

Text and Photo: Mikael Good

Inga kommentarer: