måndag 25 april 2016

Darkness, I Embrace You



I prefer to use digital rangefinder cameras when I document my surroundings. But there are situations when a rangefinder can't do the job properly. One of those situations is when you want to take photos in bad light conditions without flash. 

During the past three years I have developed a fondness for Sony's mirrorless cameras and the excellent picture quality that they give in low light conditions. I have been longing for the A7s since it came out but I didn't want to pay full price and decided to wait till I could get one second hand for a bargain price. Eventually I found one for the right price and i sold my A7r and invested the money in the low light sensation A7s. Darkness used to be my enemy and many of my pictures have been destroyed by either film grain or noise. 

But all that is history for me since the A7s can produce good picture quality up to 25.600 ASA! I took the photo of my son with my A7s and a Sigma 50/1,4 at 1,4. The only light source was the computer screen. With the A7s I have conquered the darkness and can embrace it - let there be light!

Text and Photo: Mikael Good

Inga kommentarer: