onsdag 25 maj 2016

Black and white are the colors of photography


This is Maria and Ismael. They are Romas and come from a Romanian town. I learned to know them in the summer of 2014. I used to visit them and their friends at their camp in Huskvarna. I hope that I shall be able to visit them, their children and grandchildren in Romania in the nearby future. A color version of the photo has been published in a Swedish Magazine. But personally I prefer this black and white version.

It happens every now and then that I get the question why I prefer black and white? Robert Frank has already given a better answer to that question and therefore I choose to quote him:
- Black and white are the colors of photography. To me they symbolize the alternatives of hope and despair to Which mankind is forever subjected. 

Text and Photo: Mikael Good


Inga kommentarer: